Monday, May 11, 2009

mexico . . . summer . . .baby . . .

This semester was a busy one - but all final exams have been taken and all final projects and assignments completed. I never thought I would get through last semester and still be sane, but alas God's grace is sufficient and I can look back and say that I learned a lot and I'm happy with the outcomes of my courses. However, there were a few surprises in these past few weeks!!! Everything was falling wonderfully into place for my internship in Mexico, including the submission of a grant that would cover the costs of my internship and related expenses, as well as funding for the future project I would be starting to do the groundwork for. Then the H1N1 (aka. the swine flu) hit! The university finally decided that in keeping with the advised travel restrictions they would cancel all student and faculty related study trips to Mexico for the summer. I can't say I was surprised, although it was a bit of a relief as I didn't have to make the decision. Also, I was really stretching myself to leave on the planned day after finishing up the semester, and didn't expect to be sick on top of that, so it's kinda nice not to be having to leave in about 48 hours from right now! But, that means a lot of rearranging of my schedule for the summer. Work had already granted me the leave of absence, so I had to be put back on the schedule and will have to re-apply for another one if needed. Our hopes are that I will be able to go to Mexico possibly in the fall to complete the planned internship!
In place of Mexico I will still be working on internship hours here in Indy, the plan is that those hours will cont. to prep me for the trip to Mexico!
And have no fear, June will keep me plenty busy with a conference in Chicago, my sister-in-law's baby shower, and my mom's bilateral kneed replacement surgery!
Yes, I did say my sister-in law's baby shower . . . I'm going to be an Auntie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My mom found this adorable little outfit for my niece and I can't wait to see it on her, although I have to wait until september!!!!!!!!!!

More updates to come and some photos from this spring, but those can wait until another day!

1 comment:

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

Congratulations on becoming an auntie!!! That's so exciting!