Saturday, July 19, 2008

GUATEMALA

Hello from Guatemala - just fyi there will be a lack of punctuation because the keyboard is different and I can not figure some things out.
I got off ok, although not everything on my To-Do list got done.
I was able to meet up with my friend Lesbia from my church in Chicago at the airport before getting to the gate. We had the same flight all the way, so it was nice to be able to travel with her.
I will be staying in Guatemala City with a host family. There is the couple and their 2 children, and soon I will meet Yaya (the 90 year old grandma). There is another american college student doing and internship with the organization, and she is also staying in the house. It has been fun to start to get to know everybody. I have already started making contact with friends here, it really is great to be back
Today and tom. are more kinda rest days because the organization has been having lots of groups, coming from the states. In fact one is leaving today and another one is coming about 30 min. later. Monday will be the first day that I really start to work with the groups.
I do not know how to answer the question about how I feel to be here. I am excited for sure, but there are so many unknowns and so many questions in my mind about lots of things beyond this summer. Maybe I am feeling curious as to how this summer will impact or change my life. Otherwise, it feels normal to be here, I am not worried or nervous or anxious about anything.
I may not know the plan or the schedule, but I serve a God who does and He is taking care of everything for me. I am just here to be used by Him however He chooses to use me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you made it safely! Sounds like so much has been going on lately, and so many decisions to be made . . . I will be praying for you! You are loved!
~Holly

Blessed Mommy said...

we'll be praying for your time in Guat!! so glad you're able to be there, and thanks for the updates!!

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

I am so glad you got there safely! I am very excited to read your updates when you have time. I'm praying for you!