Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Electronics . . .

Wow am I thankful for the electronics that we have!!! I didn't have a cell phone when I first got here, so many people were so kind to let me use theirs. But then, the day that I really needed one I didn't have it . . . well, by then I had one but couldn't find a store that sold minutes. Thanks to running into people that I know in a bookstore/cafe I was able to borrow theirs and met my group. Now I have one and it has lots of minutes!!! The other thing I miss is my computer, especially since I've lived on it the last year because of my online classes. I have been able to get online here and there, but not a lot. Then today I was working on some office stuff and not only had a chance to use the internet, but had the fun of figuring out Excel in spanish! Little things can be more challenging when in a different country . . .even the microwave is in spanish. It's pretty self-explanatory, but just give everything a different twist!
It's been fun to re-connect with different friends that live here, or are traveling through. I feel like God has blessed me with a fun little community here in Guatemala and look forward to re-connecting with more people as time goes on!

1 comment:

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

Even the "little" things become an adventure in another country! Way to persevere through all the "small" stuff. Praying for you! Thanks for making the effort to blog!